UDIN (Unique Document Identification Number) is a unique number assigned to the audit report and other documents, which are filed with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). This is assigned to the documents as part of the effort to bring in more transparency and accountability in the documents filed by Chartered Accountants.Last date to Update UDIN on E-Filing portal is 30TH April,2022.
What is Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN)?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, on noticing about the fake certifications by Non-CAs misrepresenting themselves as Chartered Accountants which misled the authorities
and stakeholders, pioneered in conceptualizing a unique concept which is called “Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) “. Unique Document Identification Number
(UDIN) is 18-Digitsystem generated unique number which has to be generated by Full- time Practicing Chartered Accountants for every document certified/attested by them.
UPDATION OF UDIN ON E-FILING PORTAL
You being a user may get an email from [email protected] as follows on your registered mail id
As per records, Income Tax Department has noticed that some Forms are pending for UDIN update on the e-Filing Portal. Kindly update UDIN against pending forms on or before 30th April 2022.
What are the steps to update UDIN?
- Login to the e-Filing portal
- Go to the e-File menu
- Income Tax Forms
- View/ Update UDIN Details
- You can update UDIN for one Form at a time OR for multiple Forms using the bulk UDIN upload feature.
Things to remember before updating UDIN:
- Double check the Form number and AY with ICAI UDIN portal, before updating UDIN on e-filing Portal
- Double check the PAN of Assessee (if provided on UDIN portal), before updating UDIN
- UDIN should not be consumed against any other Form
- If you are filing a revised Form, then generate a new UDIN from UDIN portal
- You will be able to update UDIN under ‘View/ Update UDIN Details‘ screen, only after the Form is accepted by Assessee.